LEED ACCREDITED STAFF
WELL ACCREDITED STAFF
LEED CERTIFIED PROJECTS
Zero Net Energy Designs
% pEUI REDUCTION
We asked our team to write down why sustainability matters, covering a wall with notes. This wall became an idea, and that idea turned into a plan of action. Our commitment to sustainable design solutions is found in every aspect of our firm. We recognize that the decisions we make in design and operations today directly affect our future generations. Our pivot point is now and we pledge to act on it.
As contributors to 40% of the global CO2 emissions, we believe that the building industry has a major obligation to the reduction and reversal of contributing CO2 factors. As key collaborators in the design process, material selection and operational standards of our project work, we accept the challenge and encourage the effort towards creating more sustainable solutions in the work that we do – as a firm and as a community.
Our Sustainability Pillars
We recognize the urgency of addressing human-caused climate change and the actions needed to remedy it. In the spirit of continuous improvement, our Taylor Design Sustainability Roadmap is organized to incrementally improve our firm based on three primary pillars: Healthy Environments, Healthy Materials, and Healthy Operations.
Building Operations and Construction account for nearly 40% of global CO2 emissions by sector. Transportation and industry account for another 55%. Everything else that we do as humans is captured in the remaining 5%. We strive to incrementally reduce the carbon footprint of our project portfolio.
As designers we have the unique opportunity to improve human experience through the efficient and innovative use of materials. By conscientiously examining our project specifications, we aspire to create a baseline of elements to promote human wellness both locally and globally.
The COVID-19 pandemic has redefined the notion of office operations in general. While we evolve to a virtual workspace utilizing more digital tools, we are taking the opportunity to assess the future of our workspace and return in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
IT'S IN OUR CULTURE
Taylor Design also supports a corporate culture of sustainability, through wellness programs, professional development and office initiatives, which empowers staff to make a positive impact on projects and beyond. For projects large and small, across all markets and levels of complexity, we seek opportunities with clients to integrate sustainable principles. By setting goals in a collaborative manner at the outset – with respect to energy, water, materials, site selection and more – and leveraging 3-D building models and experiential technologies, like VR – we’re better equipped to run efficient projects, developing, iterating and refining effective design concepts earlier in the process.
SELECT LEED CERTIFIED PROJECTS
- San Mateo Health System Administration Building – Targeting LEED Silver and Zero Net Energy
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center Campus – LEED-NC for Healthcare under a LEED Master Site
- Rancho Los Amigos Support Services Building – LEED C.I. Gold
- Don Knabe Wellness Center at Rancho Los Amigos – LEED Gold
- Rancho Los Amigos Outpatient Building/Jaquelin Perry Institute Expansion – LEED Silver
- Rancho Los Amigos Rehabilitation Center Warehouse – LEED Silver
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland Outpatient Center – LEED Silver
- Kaiser Permanente Market Street Medical Office Building – LEED Silver
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley Medical Offices – LEED Gold, Targeting Zero Net Energy
- UCSF ACC 5 Heart & Vascular Renovation – LEED Certified
- Hoag Hospital Irvine Renovation – LEED C.I. Silver
- Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Public Health – LEED Gold
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Building 41 – LEED Gold
SELECT SUSTAINABLE DESIGN AWARDS
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center – Sustainable Real Estate Award, Los Angeles Business Council & Mexico Association of Real Estate Developers (ADI), US Green Building Council Los Angeles – Sustainable Innovation Award, Health & Wellbeing & Social Equity
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley Medical Offices – Winner 2016 Modern Healthcare Environmentally Friendly Award